- I minced a large clove of garlic and added it to an ovenproof skillet with a splash of olive oil and placed it on the grill to begin cooking.
- After a couple minutes, I tossed in a bowl of fresh grape tomatoes that I had sliced in half lengthwise.
- I added sprigs of fresh thyme, oregano, Italian parsley and seasoned it with a few grinds of sea salt and black pepper. While that was cooking I spritzed the chicken cutlets with olive oil and seasoned them with salt and pepper. I placed them on the grill to cook alongside the simmering fresh tomatoes and herbs. The cutlets only take about 5 or 6 minutes to cook. I added them in a single layer to my skillet, nestling them in the fresh tomato sauce.
- I topped them with fresh mozzarella slices, fresh basil and then placed another cutlet on top to sandwich the cheese and basil.
- I spooned some of the cooked tomatoes on top of the chicken and then topped everything with shaved Parmesan cheese and let it "bake" on the grill for about 5 minutes until everything was melted and ready to eat.
|Fresh mozzarella, shaved Parmesan and freshly picked herbs