Chicken Divan (Wheat, Grain & Gluten Free)
1-1/2 pounds cooked boneless chicken breasts, cut or torn into large chunks
1 10-oz pkg frozen broccoli spears, florets or fresh broccoli, cooked & drained
For the Sauce:
1-1/2 cups Wheat/Grain Free Cream of Chicken or Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 - 1 teaspoon curry powder (more or less, to taste)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
For the Topping:
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/3 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon butter
- Lightly grease a glass 11" x 7" or 2 quart casserole dish. Layer cooked broccoli in the bottom of baking dish (florets facing outward). Add chunks of cooked chicken breast over the top of the broccoli.
- In a medium to large bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and lemon juice; mix until combined. Pour and spread the sauce mixture on top.
- Scatter 1 cup of shredded cheese on top of sauce.
- In a small bowl, using a pastry/dough cutter, cut remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese, almond flour and butter together until crumbly.
- Scatter the crumbly topping mixture on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 25-30 minutes until bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Optional: Serve over cauli-rice (grated steamed cauliflower) or regular white rice, if desired. Makes approximately 3 servings.